Calculations of enrollment, hours of attendance, completions and waitlists for each category on this report are based on the allocation of each course in any mandated program to one and only one course label.
If any course is allocated to more than one category (i.e. two or more course labels associated with the J18/19), then the calculations will be off and you will over-report or under-report your performance.
Attendance is calculated based on attendance within the date range you entered.
Enrollments are based on any enrollment in the Time Periods you selected.
The figures below are dependent on the student having at least one enrollment in a class listed under Part I. No attendance necessary; just a minimum of one enrollment record.
- 1. CalWORKS: count any student with ADA Type = CalWORKS will be counted
- 2. Independent Study: will only look at sections marked Independent Study and falls under reporting part I(b). Flagged sections for Independent Study can be found by going to Sections | Section Details | Dist Learn / Indep Study button at the top right. Any section marked Independent Study will appear in this calculation. Any other student you want to count should be done via another means.
- 3. Distance Learning: will only look at sections marked Distance Learning. Flagged sections for Distance Learning can be found by going to Sections | Section Details | Dist Learn / Indep Study button at the top right. Any section marked Distance Learning will appear in this calculation. Any other student you want to count should be done via another means.
- 4. Apprenticeship: count any student with ADA Type = Apprenticeship will be counted.
- 5. Certificated CTE Programs: counts any CTE course where Industry Certificate is checked = yes. See Setup | Courses | Course Detail and look for the Industry Cert checkbox.
- 6. Concurrent High School Enrollments: counts any student with ADA Type = Concurrent High
School (or HS) will be counted.
- 7. Issued High School Diploma: counts any student where Diploma date is within report date range. See Student Details | Additional Information.
- 8. Issued GED Certificate: counts any student where GED is passed and at least one test date is within report date range.
- 9. Entered into Employment: unduplicated count of students by looking into TOPS Update record in ASAP where "Got a Job" is marked in EITHER "Reason for Exiting" or Learner Results | Work.
- 10. Entered into Post Secondary / Training: unduplicated count of students by looking into TOPS Update record in ASAP where "Entered college" OR "Entered Training Program" is marked.
These numbers are based on the Time Periods you selected.
- 1. Number of fee-based courses offered: count number of courses (not sections â€“ but MUST have at least ONE section created during report date range with at least one enrollment) where filter "Fee Based Program" = yes.
- 2. Number of students on waiting list: point in time look as of the date you run report of the total number of students on ALL waiting lists where filter "Fee Based Program" = yes. We are NOT counting the students on waiting lists in ESL for example. That is done in prior numbers.
- 3. Number of enrollments in Fee-based courses: count of all enrollments in fee-based courses (i.e. where filter "Fee Based Program" = yes), regardless of enrollment status.
- 4. Number of family members of adult students in K-12: count total sum of all numbers in this field(Student | Additional Information | "# of K12 students in family") where the ASAP student record has at least one enrollment in ANY program, mandated or fee-based.
If you are not using certain flags, settings or other required items as noted above to obtain correct numbers for each reportable record, you will need to calculate and determine these numbers a different way and substitute your figures for the ones from ASAP.